Scott had received indirect threats - conversations by police officers outside the window of his condominium meant for him to hear. Fearful that something might happen, he sent his wife Carolyn and son Eddy to stay with relatives a short distance away.

The following day, he was arrested. No warrant was produced. He was simply arrested and admitted to a mental health ward of a local hospital, with accusations from the criminal cops that he was delusional and making wild stories about the police. He was admitted under a "Form 1", meaning he was suspected of being a danger to himself and others.

This move got Loper immediately out of the way for 72 hours - a required evaluation period once admitted. The cops immediately ransacked his home looking for the evidence Loper had accumulated; hours of audio and video recordings. They also went looking for Carolyn.

Extortion (or falsification) of Charges
After the mandatory evaluation period, Loper was released. He was immediately met by Durham Regional Police Officers, who informed him that a restraining order had been filed by Carolyn. He is never shown the restraining order.

Loper was puzzled. He had just spoken to his wife ten or fifteen minutes ago, and she said she would come to pick him up. Although she sounded quite tense, he had chocked it up to the extreme tension of the situation. Carolyn did not show up, but Scott questioned that she had anything to do with a restraining order, so he called her again.

Loper: "She screamed into the phone ... 'Scotty, I Love You with all of my heart, but I have NO CHOICE .. they will take Eddy away!' Then she hung up the phone.

Carolyn knew enough to testify against these criminal police officers. Loper has no doubt that, if there was a restraining order she was terrorized into filing it. There are serious doubts that there ever actually was a restraining order. If they could not find a charge they could justify arresting Loper with, they could, at least, keep Scott and Carolyn separated until they were certain they had found and destroyed all incriminating evidence the Lopers had in their possession.

Again, Loper's words: "I ended up at a menís shelter. I had no place to go. I called Carolyn to BEG her to go to federal authorities. She was sobbing and said 'I canít.'"

That phone call gave the crooked cops what they wanted. "Within minutes, 5 or 6 Durham Regional Police Cars showed up to arrest me for violating this unseen restraining order. I was beaten with batons while handcuffed, taken to Whitby Jail and thrown into a filthy, cockroach infested solitary confinement cell in the sub basement of this prison built in 1854. When the steel door slammed shut, I was in total darkness as cockroaches covered my body. I could put my palms on each wall." Later, he was closed and kept inside a steel locker, leaving him little room for any kind of movement.

Loper was not allowed phone calls or other means of communication with the outside world. He was not able to find a defense attorney, let alone contact the U.S. Consulate.

The torture began, in Loper's estimation, two days later. It would be five months before he was finally brought into court, unclean and unshaven. The consultation with his court-appointed attorney lasted less than five minutes. The attorney suggested the sentence would be light and that he should plead guilty rather than waiting months for a trial. He was placed behind glass, handcuffed and shackled, unable to consult further with his attorney or address the court in his own defense.

Sitting there in the court room, after five months of solitary confinement and torture, Loper was distraught and confused. Scott was under the impression that he was in court for violating a restraining order. He did not actually find out until two years later that the charge was "Criminal Harassment". "All I can remember is feeling like they were making me out to be some sort of Charles Manson or something", said Loper. "The prosecutor said I was very dangerous.... I was threatening the police. I was a danger to society if I were to be released."

His court-appointed attorney provided a feeble and disorganized defense. "I can remember the Judge commented, ďMr. Loper, in my estimation you are a very dangerous man", said Loper. He was convicted and sentenced to two years and returned to the Whitby Jail.

"I was in a daze", Loper said. After several months of being malnourished and tortured, I was barely coherent of what was going on. I started to sob. I was a mess. I tried to tell the judge 'I just made a phone call', but he threatened me with contempt."

I was laughed at, and drug out of Court by Police.